Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Why Is Facebook Losing Money?


Because it doesn't MAKE anything so how can anyone accurately assess the value of the company? All they seem to produce is stress for people who try to keep up with everyone on their friend's list as their corn crops die in their false farm.

I wish I could connect with more people from my past but I think there is a reason why they don't seek me out even though they all know where to find me. I am just not that interesting.

I have no real value to those once I have interacted with them. Maybe people are meant to move on, carrying as little baggage as possible. I know I try to carry less of my path with me each day because you always have to carry out everything you bring in with you. That is the number one rule of living in a cave.

How does someone even talk to someone they haven't heard from in decades? What can that produce but hurt and regret? I don't need to be reminded of all the great moments I missed out on.

8 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

You can't connect with people via Facebook. That's Facebook's great secret: The connection is an illusion. All Facebook provides is a forum for chatter. No one really connects with souls on facebook -- its all surface.

You need Blogger to really connect with people.

Tempo said...

Complete strangers with a tiny bit of shared history...let sleeping dogs lie..

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Once again, there is a reason you are my people, you believe in me.

DrGoat said...

I agree with MD. And by the way, did you hear there was BS going on the day of the IPO. The stock was de-valued during the day and only the big hedgefund investors were told.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I hope that makes the investment fail or once again forces the finance industry to be more heavily regulated. 2 billion dollar mistakes just don't cut it these days.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

FB exists only to deliver an audience of consumers to advertisers. Everything else is just BS.

Mike D. said...

My take on what facebook is this.
On that specific media network you are supposed to.
1-Make business conncections
2-advertise parties and events in a quicker less hoity toity fashion
3-reunite with family membe....
ya know what? it can be summed up in one simple statement used as a metaphor in reference to something else.
" Guns don't kill people , people kill people ! "

Nathan said...

Facebook is an experiment in utter chaos. Most of what people do on Facebook is try to figure out how to get anything to work, and once they do everything gets changed around.