Thursday, July 5, 2012

Favorite Character On My Bucket List







Battle of the Planets was one of the first Manga series that I ever saw here in Canada. I admit I knew little about what was going on but I loved the animation and the characters, especially the Princess. I have no Gatchaman figures in my collection as they are difficult to find in North America. Thank the gods for the Internet. She is high up on my list of figures I will be searching for all summer. There has been talk of an animated movie involving these characters but I have heard little since the original announcement.

4 comments:

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

loved that ...LOVED that so much!

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I have not seen Gatchaman (or Battle of the Planets) however I do remember hype for the animated movie which had not one, but two different trailers. I thought that would make a good jumping on point but nothing came of it. Most unfortunate.

Now that I've crossed off "Watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" from my bucket list, perhaps I'll venture into this new territory. Given my affection for superhero teams, especially Power Rangers/Super Sentai it seems like it'd be right up my alley.

Kal said...

I need to find a good version of Battle of the Planets. One nice story arc. Off to Demonoid.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite childhood shows. A friend of mine even had a model kit of the Phoenix.