Thursday, January 17, 2013

What Kal Be Watching On Wednesday

 
Banshee is a different kind of show, more in the vein of Justified than anything else on TV. Because it's on Cinemax there is more than necessary sex and casual nudity which takes away from the story of a big time thief who returns to freedom only to find that he must impersonate a small town sheriff that dies in his presence. The town he moves to has more than it's share of secrets including his criminal x-girlfriend, his possible daughter, and the cold blooded leader of the drug dealing Amish mafia.



Antony Star is very good as Sheriff Lucas Hoo , the ex-jewel thief who lives on the raggedy edge of sanity. He is not trying to be a good man and he is not looking for redemption. He just wants to stay one step ahead of the law and the truth and the criminal he stole diamonds from ten years before. The only danger is that he will take to law enforcement too much and maybe start caring for the good people of Banshee. Caring about anyone other than himself won't turn out well for anyone.


Banshee is the kind of town where bad things happen and everyone has a secret. It's only a matter of time before the tiny house of cards that Lucas has set up falls crashing to the ground.

 
Arrow - is still a terrific adventure and certainly better than anything we had any right to expect from the CW Network. I am still drawn to the modern day fight for justice just as much as I am about the mysteries that happen on the island Oliver was marooned on for five years. I am in no rush for these two worlds to meet.
 
 
Plus I have decided I will watch anything Willa Holland does.
 
 
 
 
 
 
CSI - who knew I could stand Vegas as long as I have. I guess all the cast changes make it fresh and new but in truth I would follow Elizabeth Harnois anywhere. Plus my Father and I loved this show and I will never let it go until it goes on it's own.
 
 
 
 
 
I never miss The Daily Show. I wish Jon would lose some of his comedy ticks but his analysis is always solid. I am glad to be on his side in the battle for the hearts and minds - even hillbilly cracker hearts and minds. Our side just seems to be less 'spooky'. Plus the moment you go after the CHILDREN of the President you lose any and all sympathy with me.
 
 
And if you try to tell me I have misinterpreted the situation I remind you of my most 'go to' caption - "If you are going to be so subtle, then how will I ever get your point?"
 
 
American Experience - The Abolitionists. This series continues to do superior historical documentaries about interesting subjects from American history. I can watch these all day long since I have already seen everything about Nazis and UFOs which are the only type of programs shown on the so called 'History' channel.
 
 

2 comments:

The Flying Dachshund said...

I've only seen Elizabeth Harnois in the show Point Pleasant... I only wish I could get into CSI to follow her in something else, as the other show only lasted 13 episodes...

Kal said...

She has been a number of short lived series like that Trauma hospital one in Miami...I forget the name but the evil girl from that fairy tale series on ABC was also a doctor on...if that makes any sense.