Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Safety Not Guaranteed (2012)




 
"Have you ever faced certain death?"
"If it was so certain I wouldn't be here, would I?"
 
I think it's impossible for Aubrey Plaza to be anyone other than Aubrey Plaza on film. Her performance in this film is so great but she could be the twin sister of April from Parks and Recreation. That is not a bad thing but I think it did cost her a deserved Oscar nomination. She is so appealing as a girl chasing a mystery and at the same time, a purpose for her life. I found the whole little fairy tale to be enchanting and one of the biggest surprises of last year. This is the exact kind of love story I wish was my reality.
 
From the producers of Little Miss Sunshine - When an unusual classified ad inspires three cynical Seattle magazine employees to look for the story behind it, they discover a mysterious eccentric named Kenneth, a likable but paranoid supermarket clerk, who believes he's solved the riddle of time travel and intends to depart again soon. Together, they embark on a hilarious, smart, and unexpectedly heartfelt journey that reveals how far believing can take you.

1 comment:

DrGoat said...

Saw it about a month ago. Entertaining little tale. I liked it.