Saturday, January 26, 2013

MV Partsch - The Best Cosplay Photographer In The Business

I see a lot of cosplayers and I am happy to show off their design and model talents here. One group who gets little fanfare are the photographers who capture these performers in all their glory. MV Partsch is my favorite photographer because he gets to the person inside the costume while celebrating what cosplayers do best - create the illusion of live action superheroes.

I enjoy his toy and art photos as well. For me, it's just like being at a convention without having to deal with crowds. I always gloat about the fact that I was the one to convince MV in the first place to create a blog showcasing his convention pictures for all of us to enjoy. I knew how good they were but he just needed a bit of convincing and someone to believe in his vision. Listening to me is what made this kid the big time conversion photographer he is now and I will tell that story to anyone who will listen.


 





 

 




 

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You're right! A crappy photograph does nobody any favours.

MichaelVP said...

... holy jeeez.... I seriously have no idea what to say or how to respond to such an unbelievable act of kindness.... holy cow... Thank you, Cal. Thank you very much. ... ...(embarrassingly humbling... wow.)...

MichaelVP said...

Hey. Tell ya what... Here's a sneak-preview of my next 7 posts.. something to look forward too?.. ha... Tim Burton Penguin!, Familiar Supergirl, Jay Garrick Flash!, Lil' Marvel Girl, Kingdom Come Green Lantern!, Arkham Asylum Ivy, and my favorite of the bunch... Steampunk Thor with Top hat and Handle-Bar Moustache!! Hope you likey!! :) ................. and thank you again. so very much.

Anonymous said...

I love MVP. This guy knows how to take pics!

Mike D. said...

Wow...Scarlet Witch....got some tig ol bitties and a winey taste!!!

John Sholtz said...

Great shots of Riddle, Alexia, and Camille. What a great way to start the morning seeing their smiling faces.

david_b said...

"I so need to date that Wanda...."

Ok, Jan could come too.

I'll tell you all about it, Cal, honest.