Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Last Stand

 
This film is the NRA's wet dream - if they aren't under attack from the government then they are under attack by Mexican drug lords. Potato/Potato. It's all the same to the film makers The gun solves all the problems while starting only a few.

If the town is emptied for the weekend, well then that is the time to shoot the hell out of it with every illegal weapon one Sheriff and his skeleton crew can scare up. After all, they are the last thing preventing a Mexican drug dealer from crossing into Mexico with his supercharged car the authorities nickname, 'The Batmobile'.

Lots of cars get shot in this movie. Lots of people get shot in this movie. Guns are also made love to in this movie. And there are even two guns that are so large and special that they should have been giving their own trailers on the set. Of course these two monsters are what the good and bad guy fight with at the bitter end or the first bitter end because there are two major fights to enjoy here.

With all that going for it, this film felt wrong from the beginning. I love a good Arnie revenge flick like the next guy but this wasn't even interesting or even logical but not in the fun way you hope for with this kind of a film. The film stunk and some new and fresh bad guys don't help either. The real life Schwarzenegger would have taken the bribe offered to him but not the hero sheriff in this film.

I guess we had to be reminded that Arnie can kick ass and of course both shoot and drive like the man of old. I just found the whole exercise to be embarrassing and a bit pathetic.

It wasn't even fun to have on in the background. It's seems my love affair with the Terminator is over. I think I have seen all he has left to give me.

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gun issues aside...I love that poster art.

Belle said...

I like how you wrote the guns were so big they needed their own trailers. I like Arnie, but he should probably retire.