Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What Kal Watches On The TV Box On Tuesday

 
Catfish - This show will never ever never ever have a happy ending. It's everyone who lies to everyone else online being forced to meet and confront their humiliation. It's perverse and rots that part of my soul that makes me believe in love but NO. This is only about the crushing of a spirit,  not the uplift of one. I wouldn't care if you fudged a story and created the illusion that everything turned out alright for both emailing parties. Then there could be some HOPE but Catfish is without hope.


Criminal Minds - Still depraved and I still think that if you could go after ONE werewolf you would have a totally cool show about a CSI unit involved in monster hunting and those who team up with these monsters to do chaos. You could add a monster to the team but that would fundamentally ruin a cool, spooky procedural that often takes you uncomfortably over the edge with it's depravity. I am not one for the horror but the minds of the psychos is endlessly fascinating to me.


Justified - Oh Raylen, you got many guns to shoots, many miles to drive and many friendships to save before you can finally sleep. I am sorry that we haven't had a wrap up of what happened in the finale of that season but maybe they are building to it. Maybe Raylen gets himself some PTSD. Walton Googins is gold as usual. I look forward to the snake charmer vs Boyd Crowder. That is a serious biblical smack down. Once I hear them toss in some Deuteronomy I know that the fight is on.


Teen Mom 2 - The show that makes me the most angry. You get to love these kids and their kids and their dreams while wantint to beat down the boys who have all but abandoned their 'baby mammas'. I only imagine how great these children could be if their young parents could get their shit together and stop being so selfish for all of ten second.


Disney's Dog With A Blog - this was going to be a defining moment for me. If the dog had a blog that was better than mine, and it WASN'T an animated show...well I would stick my head in the toilet and give myself a swirlie. I certainly can do better blog than a dog. Any dog...well most any dog. The pug would distract me because I always think they are laughing at me whenever they look at me. That always makes me wonder what's so damn funny ya stupid pug. And I then I get distracted. Oh and this show has the stink of the worst that the Disney Channel churns out like a cow turns out biscuits. Every line is underwritten and over delivered. Gah!


Cracked - this CBC production is airing simultaneously with CBS in the States. It shows a lot of confidence because this proceedural is set in Toronto and deals with the mental illness calls that are a part of every policeman's day's. Some calls are funny and some are deadly serious. In the first episode the killer killed then screwed a light bulb into his victim. Pretty grim. But acceptable. The characters are stock - damaged ex-swat team cop, psychiatrist, psychiatric nurse, and young cop. Their team can have as many problems as the people they encounter on duty. You've seen it all before but the setting and actors are fresh.

 

2 comments:

DrGoat said...

Justified makes my week on TV. Can't get enough of it.

Kal said...

Nope, me neither.