Thursday, March 7, 2013

Characters We Love Around The Cave

Emma Peel
 










 
 
I knew about the Avengers comic book before I discovered the TV series. I tuned in when we finally received English language shows on our German TV and I thought it was a show about superheroes like Iron Man and Captain America. After my disappointed subsided, I came to fall in love with Emma Peel and John Steed and their oh so stylish way of saving the world. How could anyone not fall in love with Diana Rigg? Kick-ass pixies are my favorite kind of heroines.
 

6 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

one of my favorite shows of all time since very early childhood... John Steed And Miss Emma Peel... for many years I had a crush on Diana Rigg... and I always wanted an umbrella and Hat like his... Great post...

csmith2884 said...

My kids all know who Emma Peel is. We make homemade pizza often and I have a large wood pizza peel that I named Emma. I will show them this post.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I adored Emma Peel when I was a little girl!

DrGoat said...

Sounds like a good time to me cs.
The Avengers came out right when I turned a teen. I don't think we missed one episode during the next 6 yrs. or so. Get stoned and watch the Avengers, Man from UNCLE, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Outer Limits etc. etc.

Dr. Theda said...

I barely remember the show as a child... I had to watch them at night on PBS... I too had a "crush" on Miss Peel...And I liked Steed's hat and Umbrella... as well as the Great cars that he drove...

Kal said...

Damn Dr. G. That sounds like a hell of a night of TV.