Sunday, March 3, 2013

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis



"That's what you get when Wu Tang raised you."

I wish I could find the performance of this song done live on last night's SNL. I thought it was a fresh sound with a fun visual. I enjoy watching these guys perform especially the horn section in the back. Sure they are not playing their own instruments but I would argue in this case that the technology that went into creating this sound is it's own instrument. I haven't loved a song from the beginning since the last SNL when the Lumineer's did "Stubborn Love".


[HD] The Lumineers - Stubborn Love - SNL 1-19-13 by IdolxMuzic

You can go to this site to find the performance from SNL but you have to live in the USA. Of course I can't find it or embed it for you because NBC is a stupid face and somehow recognizes international borders although the signal it is sending out doesn't. I never can watch anything on HULU either so they are bastards. I just want to bring entertainment to the people. Let me promote your stuff in my own sweet way and don't be such a bitch about holding onto your intellectual content, which these days is as fleeting as the wind. You know it's bad when NOTHING on NBC is good to watch except maybe SNL and I personally cut that show a lot of slack because of my romantic fondness for the concept of live late night comedy on Saturday night television.

So thank you SNL and NBC for taking me from elation to depression in the span of two seconds.

 

No comments: