Monday, May 6, 2013

NEW To The Collection Of Cool

Brian at Cool and Collected had a wee toy sale last week and because his prices were INSANE I thought I would help him out by taking some sweet pieces off his hands. Robbed him is what I did.


How great looking is this Doctor Doom? He look trimmed down and ready to fight. Doom Year 1 is what I am going to call him. I love the oversized hands that give that Kirby effect when you look at him. Doctor Doom is one of those characters who I try to have as many different ones as I can get so this guy will fit right into that part of my collection.

 
Then came this Blackbeard figure from the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie. He is only 3 3/4 inches but come with a bottle of the ghost ship that lights up when you press the button. It's a cool effect in a small package.
 
 
Then comes this beautiful piece from the Feudal Spawn Wars when Spawn inspired Japanese Samurai fought against each other in some of the most intricately designed armored toys ever made. McFarlane. Say what you want about him. The man makes a good looking action figure. I wish I could get a better picture of this one.
 
 
 
And finally, a treat. Something I did not pay for (despite the garage sale prices I remind you) was this THOR. Beautiful packaging of a favorite character. Mego-like body with cloth clothing and comic accurate accessories. It's a thing of beauty to look at.
 
 

 
Thanks so much to Brian at Cool and Collected for putting these up for sale. I felt like I got a deal and will be back to peruse more of his stuff when it goes on the block. Great prices, no haggling like a couple of old Bedouins. The shipping is steep but I blame Homeland Security for that one. But with the other savings I feel like I came out like a bandit. Thanks again Brian. I think I will go bundle up some figures I don't need or want to get others that I do. Sell them off cheap or do some trades. This was a fun experience.
 

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Nothing is sweeter than a bargain!

Unknown said...

Yeah Brian had some fantastic bargains going on for sure and feel lucky I was able to haggle a trade with him on some awesome stuff. I might have to go and buy a few more things soon. : )

John Sholtz said...

Definitley some nice additions to the Cave of Cool. I relaly like the looks of Dr Doom and Thor.

Unknown said...

Glad all those figures made it across the border safely. Next time, it might be cheaper to hire a merchant marine vessel to get the goods to you! I'm pretty sure the USPS had to hire a dogsled team to sniff out the Cave of Cool for the price they charged.

Kal said...

It's the cost of doing business. I thank you for their swift arrival.