Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Don't I Get A Last Request?



http://www.beingretro.com/

I have to thank Brother Jordan for posting this scene. I have been looking for it forever. I used to make these mixed video tapes of some of my favorite scenes to send to people (yeh, I needed the validation even back in the 80s) and this scene was always included.

Pee Wee's Big Adventure is one of those movies that I laughed out loud when I first saw it. Maybe five other movies had that effect on me in my whole life. I find everything Reubens does as Pee Wee to be so weird and ridiculous that I just have to laugh. I enjoyed his kid's show too. He's like John Waters if Waters had started his film career twenty years later. That is the greatest praise I can give to Reubens because I hold John Waters in the highest regard.

 
Pee-wee Herman is a comic fictional character created and portrayed by American comedian Paul Reubens. He is best known for his two television series and film series during the 1980s. The childlike Pee-wee Herman character developed as a stage act that quickly led to an HBO special in 1981. As the stage performance gained further popularity, Reubens took the character to motion picture with Pee-wee's Big Adventure in 1985, toning down the adult innuendo for the appeal of children. This paved the way for Pee-wee's Playhouse, an Emmy Award winning children's series that ran on CBS from 1986-1991. Another film, Big Top Pee-wee, was released in 1988.

3 comments:

Jeremy [Retro] said...

it was a great year... for Pee-Wee fans... sad the second... well that is another story. according to large marge is was the worst thing she had ever saw.

Jordan said...

There's another Brother Jordan?

DrGoat said...

I liked Pee Wee's Big Adventure, but I still think the funniest thing he has done was his 1980's HBO special. Unbelievably funny.