Saturday, November 23, 2013

Will You Watch It Live?

 
This is one of those rare moments when I wish I knew a whole big group of people who were gathering together to watch this program this afternoon. To be in the room with others who love this program as much as I do would be a treat because we all would get the same jokes and cry and laugh at all the same spots. Strangely enough I tend to enjoy these great pop cultural moments by myself too many times.
 
We've been hearing about it for months, and the day has finally arrived. Today the 50th anniversary special Doctor Who: Day of the Doctor will be simulcast around the globe in more than 75 countries, starting at 2:50PM ET. The special will pair the current — and soon to be former — Doctor Matt Smith with his predecessor, David Tennant. Along for the ride will be the Doctor's current companion, played by Jenna Coleman, fan favorite Billie Piper, and yet another mysterior iteration of the Doctor, played by John Hurt. In the US the special will be airing on BBC America, while in the UK it will be on BBC One.
 


 
Not only will the special be shown at the exact same time on televisions around the world, but it will also shown in movie theaters in eight different countries as well. The return of Tennant and Piper has had fans of Doctor Who excited since word first leaked about the possibility earlier this year.
 


4 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

BBC America was just taken off of my parent's new cable package Dangnabbit! I'll have to wait until tomorrow to pirate this thing. Unless of course someone with a time machine would like to pick me up and take me to tomorrow to see it.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm PVRing all 12 hours of special programming that Space has on and will watch everything at my leisure.

D.I. Felipe González said...

Watched it on a full house movie theater. Amazing. Sontaren torturing popcorn.

csmith2884 said...

Our theater showing was Today Monday not Saturday. So rather than watch with a group that had seen it, I watched it in my home Sunday after I got kids to bed. Now that I checked it and will not be interrupted I can watch again with them.