Friday, January 10, 2014

The Abbey Bominable Part Of The Collection Of Cool


 
This first wave version of Abbey was the one that got me all interested in the Monster High toy line to begin with. I couldn't resist the outfit on her nor the fact that she was the daughter of the Abominable Snow Man - basically, the Bungle had a teen. Not only is the concept so great but so is the look of the doll itself. Beautifully designed clothing and accessories that are very character specific. For example, Abbey is often seen with fur accents to her clothing and jewelry that resembles icicles. Even her sleepover pjs are fur trimmed.
 
 
 
I have been searching for this Ice Bed at a decent price for awhile now. It's one of those pitch perfect accessories/playsets that I have to have to go with a character I like so much.
 

 
I have seen many, many toy lines based on cartoons and this is one of the few where the toys only make the cartoon better. To be honest the cartoon is pretty safe stuff despite how dark you could go with the material. But these Children of the Monsters are teens and teens need to learn lessons in friendship and fashion. I am surprised myself how much I love these dolls and how much I enjoy searching the toy aisles for one variation of a character that I don't have. I haven't felt that kind of excitement as a collector for awhile. So forgive me if you see these kind of posts in the next few days. I want to document all the dolls I do have of each different character. Enjoy the images. I hope you start to see what I see in these dolls.
 
 
 
I included the box art because half the genius of this line is how well they display next to each other. It's a very unified design scheme that they have stuck to since the beginning. There are two different sized boxes but all the figures are the same size and height. All the accessories and playsets are scaled for any character to use. The outfits and dresses can be mixed and matched (A tub of loose Monster High clothing would be a nightmare to me. I like my girls to be complete in their box with the outfit and accessories that piece came with.)






 
I like when a line like Scaris put out these lower priced and more modestly boxed figures to accompany the main characters of the storyline. You get a fresh outfit for your character that you can see ON the character and once again, each has interesting character specific design features. This Roller Maze Abby doesn't need a clear ice helmet or skulls on her knee pads but it sure makes her more interesting now that she does.


 
The latest Abbey - Art Class where she wields a cute little chainsaw to do an ice sculpture (of course) of the boy she loves - the fire guy (of course).
 
 
 
 

No comments: