Sunday, June 22, 2014

New To The Collection Of Cool - Lee Scoresby Airship Vehicle

This was one that I have been looking for since the Golden Compass movie came out. I passed on it when it was 15 dollars like an idiot so I refused to pay more than that for it in the future and that meant being patient. I found it lurking in a sellers pile of stuff on EBay and got it with a great price for shipping.



I am amazed at how big the box is (17 1/2 x 15 inches). I want to open it up and play with the airship but I will resist the urge because when I do that, I can never get all the parts back into the box the way they should be. Pictures will have to do this gorgeous piece justice. I love the box art and the figure inside is not a disappointment. These larger vehicles often come with action figures to scale. This one has Lee Scoresby and his daemon Jackrabbit. A Sam Elliot action figure that looks just like him? At that size of figure? Are you freakin' kidding me?





I love it's steam punk look and the way that they accomplished the balloon effect by using plastic balloons that can be inflated to increase the overall size of the airship. This is one of the nicest pieces in my collection and I compare it to the Trimaran from the Waterworld line of toys for shear size and uniqueness. This is what makes me a collector. I know a great piece when I see one.

 

3 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Sam Elliot? Oh, I didn't know this was a sequel to the Big Lebowski.

Mike said...

Nice!

the Leatheryman said...

Finally got this at a half decent price locally. If you got a discount deal at " Action Figure Lair", then you most likely paid. And by paid I mean at least a case of PBR. They do nice photography on their stock, I'll give them that!