Sunday, November 23, 2014

There Is Little Hope For Me To Find Friends That Aren't Virtual

One of the biggest causes of unhappiness is loneliness.  I'm not referring to having somebody special in your life; having a significant other doesn't mean you won't be lonely.  Being lonely generally stems from lack of social stimulation.  The technology age is definitely perpetuating this by means of text messaging, Facebook, Twitter and other 'Social Networks'.  People are so addicted to these forms of social technology that they forget humans require real genuine human interaction.

 
Socially insecure people tend to gravitate to online socializing because they have more control over the amount and timing of their interactions.  Reducing face to face interactions tends to reduce social anxiety for less extroverted individuals. Unfortunately staying within your comfort zone, limits personal growth, and prevents the development of valuable face to face relationships.

Don't have something to do tonight? Instead of commenting on everybody's Facebook statuses, give somebody a call and go out for a drink, you would be surprised how much better it feels to talk to a real life physical human being.

 
If you are single and feel like you need a significant other to be happy, I am going to be blunt,  YOU ARE WRONG.  You can't be in a healthy relationship until you are happy independently.  Using somebody else as a crutch for your happiness is a one way trip to an unhealthy relationship.  If you are struggling to find a companion, stop looking in bars and stop looking online.  Consider joining activity clubs for singles or participate in a group activity that encourages socialization.  You will meet like minded people who share more in common with you that booze or Facebook friends.
 




I found this advertisement this morning. I thought I could have written it myself because I am prepared to fulfill all parts of this contract.

 

6 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

A post of words? BORING!!!

Dr. Theda said...

You made several truly "valid"points good Sir....
And "Social Anxiety" is a major issue for Stacey... Right now is one of the only times in week that someone has "visited"....
... We just wish that He would "Leave"....
and besides we almost always have the "voices".... and most of the backwards "hillbillies" of this town despise Stacey as well, so Not much "incentive" to be around other "people"....
We know that I will die alone and it could be a couple of days till my Sister finds my body.... That is the "future" to which we have to look forward....
... A very "insightful" post...

Wings1295 said...

It does make things easier for people who have dealt with the issue our whole lives. I never would have met my wife if it wasn't for the internet. But as for friends I have hand less than a handful of true friend that were my own in real life. And out of them I have none left in my life. It has been a struggle in that regard, so I owe a lot to what the internet and social media has offered me.

DrGoat said...

We have three really true friends that I have known for more than 30 years. Some extended family and other friends but you are lucky if you have one or two truly good friends. I think we were lucky, being older and growing up in the age of no email, twitter, Facebook or any of that other stuff.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Your late-breaking addition of the Dating Advert is just too funny! But it can't be a family that speaks its mind -- you'd have to have one of those that keep everything nice on the surface so you'd know it's KILLING THEM INSIDE, lol.

Dr. Theda said...

There is a foul "menace" to your beloved "cosplay......
... His Name is Kevin Brueck.... ho torments them an conventions... lies and "insults" them ( often claiming that he represents the copyright holders of the character which they are dressed as...)
... Warn your Friends...