Monday, November 24, 2014

Tuesdays From The Toybox


 
These top two are parts of my personal collection which I am currently putting out and dusting off so I can do a mini movie of my collection (with brilliant commentary). I know there is some interest in seeing my whole collection and I want an excuse to show it off anyways. I am proud of everything I have put together. 90% I purchased at retail or below retail. All the ones I got online from EBay usually soaked me on shipping. In the old days you could get an entire lot of figures for ten dollars from anywhere in the world. Only in Canada does cheap shipping still remain.



 
Do you know how much gear you got with the Scramble Van? Despite all that it could still carry tons of other stuff like guns and other equipment for spy adventures, the kind we all imagined that Evel did on his time off.


 
I just bought these two for 15 dollars a piece and 15 dollars to ship.
I love these Fighting Furies figures and the detail of their outfit sets are beyond amazing.
 
 















 

I had the Sky Kite. You strapped in your Joe and you flew him like a kite. Then when he was high enough you detached your string and he was suppose to float to Earth. Mine worked perfectly and floated to Poland, we think, because we never recovered it. It was just gone. Superior aerodynamics. I wonder how many other kids lost theirs the first time they played with it?
 

 
Every year I pick ONE expensive toy that I want to chase down at retail. One year it was the Avenger's Helicarrier, the 5 foot long one from the first movie. This year it's this Monster High styling head. It's human sized and has a bell jar covering the head, just like it would be in some mad scientist's lab. I love my Monster High stuff despite the fact that the HAUNTED line has not impressed me. Like the FUSION figures, I see nothing that excites me.
 

6 comments:

j-swin said...

Wow, I can save a whole 50 cents?Now I can get that Laverne and Shirley Boo Boo kitty accessory!

Mike said...

Awesome pics!

Dr. Theda said...

The "Mangler" was a toy that we really wanted as a kid... E-bay charges "way Too Much"...

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

three Megos for $5.99- I'll take all ya got ;D

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's a pretty nice Captain America.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

We live in a golden age of the action figure. Never have they looked so good.