Friday, November 28, 2014

Very Disappointed By New Star Wars Trailer

I suppose I was expecting something magical in the first theatrical trailer for the new Star Wars movie. After being excited over two fan made trailers this week, I had hope that the real creators attached to Episode VII would pull out all the stops. Instead we got nothing. A few mixed scenes that give no indication of the storyline or the characters or the threat involved. Not even a few shots of R2D2 or C3PO to display their continued appearance in each Star Wars film. Typical of JJ Abrams. He talks a good game but in the end all the reaction he ever gets out of me is 'meh'.



7 comments:

Simon B said...

Cal, this is just a teaser. There's a long way to go until the movie comes out next December. They'll no doubt drip feed us more and longer trailers as time goes by.
I have to admit I did get excited on seeing the Millennium Falcon hurtle across the screen, accompanied by John Williams' iconic score...

Wings1295 said...

I think for a teaser, it more than did its job. I was excited. And I am also very, very glad the original films came out before the internet.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

It gave us some action beats and people showing emotions. Its enough to wet my appetite. Likely they want to warm us up to the new cast who will get the lion's share of the film.

JBond said...

Pobre Pobre Pussycat........So much ennui.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I KNOW...and I should enjoy the disappointment and sadness more than I did.

geekusdei said...

I agree! Meh.

david_b said...

Not interested at all.

To coin a phrase...?

Meh.