Monday, December 22, 2014

A Gift Of Art To Me Is A Gift Of Love

Brother Mike DeStasio has followed the Cave of Cool for many a year now. We also follow each other on the Facebook where I see him post many sketches he has done. Like many of my artist friends it's very gratifying to see their work get better with each image they choose to share.

I love original art. I think if I was a convention goer I would have a whole album full of sketches done for me by artists I admire. For that reason this gift from Mike means so much. Not only is it a gorgeous Wolverine piece, it was given to me for free from a friend who knew I would treasure it as part of the Collection of Cool. It's just perfect for the frame I have and the space on the wall near my X-men stuff.

Thanks again to Mike for this beautiful work of art.

 
 

4 comments:

Mike D. said...

You are too kind Kal...and certainly most welcome

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That is lovely indeed. Six claws up!

Kal said...

It is really great. It's the way I think of Wolverine. Kind of that timeless warrior feel. The Bushido ideal.

Mike D. said...

I still follow. I would follow on stalwartly through a raging spewing volcanoI follow in staunch support