Monday, April 20, 2015

Goodbye To Justified

 
For six seasons I waited for the inevitable reckoning between Raylan and Boyd but the final scene between them was strangely more satisfying than a shoot out to the death. In the end, as a huge fan of this show, I was satisfied with the way things ended. Usually a finale can only be a let down to the viewer. Everyone puts such high expectations on the end of our favorite shows that we can't ever be anything than letdown. LOST still is the benchmark for bad endings. I will never get those months of binge watching the entire series just to LEARN nothing profound in the end. What did I learn from Justified? I learned that crime is a dead end road and join the Marshalls if you want to shoot people for a living.

4 comments:

csmith2884 said...

I was happy overall with the endings. All the big bads got resolved well. I did think that it seemed rushed at the very end, the last episode or two. Rachel, Tim and Art we just like see ya. I wanted more. I never expected Wynn Duffy to ride off into the sunset after being the biggest weasel of all most of the series.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Figures that crime would pay for ONE person, stinkin' Wynn Duffy. I wonder if he did get the money. I like the final 'we dug coal' line. Raylen didn't want Boyd dead, just punished for his crimes. They were brothers. And I was happy for Eva. I will miss them on Tuesday nights.

DrGoat said...

Me too. The Wynn Duffy thing was not expected, but works with the general mood of the series I guess. All in all, it was a great to have a show that was actually good. Gonna miss it.

47th Problem of Euclid said...

I thought it was hilarious that Wynn Duffy ended up with the money. The idea of him escaping in the Dumb and Dumber car is also hilarious.