Sunday, August 21, 2016

The Pop Culture League Is HERE!

 
After a two year hiatus the League of Extraordinary Bloggers is reborn as The Pop Culture League. I like the idea of writing about topics of interest and being able to share them at a place other than the CAVE OF COOL. Plus I like to give a little link shout-out to my fellow toy bloggers and it never hurts for me to share my own collection with anyone. It's one of the best parts of having a hobby like this in the first place.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This week's theme is SHELFIES. I have so many places around the house that I like to display my toys in so I don't have only one shelf of favorites. If I chose them for my collection they are already my favorite in some way. I love the colorful packaging and I don't need to open up my figures to display them alone. I did that with the first fifty or so that I bought when I got back into collecting around 1990. I found loose figures to be a pain to display, dust and I was forever loosing all the little accessories and that is something I cannot stand. I have gotten into the habit lately of rotating the collection in my upstairs office while I catalogue and store a lot of my pieces in plastic tubs. If I could I would have everyone in one space at one time on display like one would do with works or art. Many of these figures are works of art to me. I guess if anything I keep all my Monster High Dolls on the same table. I love that line of figures more than I should. Also my Funko POP! figures are all over the place. I suppose they are meant to be displayed all together. I just like variety on display.

 
All my books about the history of comic books.













 
If you are interested in the fun you can follow the link below to COOL AND COLLECTED and that will get you started.
 
 

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"I love that line of figures more than I should" -- winner of BEST LINE, lol!

Unknown said...

I always enjoy seeing pictures of your collection Cal!

DrGoat said...

Outstanding old bean.

Anonymous said...

My faves: Abeey Bobinable, Jack Sparrow and the robot from Lost in Space :D

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Abbey is the best MH character for me and I love that Jack Sparrow. So many great accessories, cloth costume, photorealistic head. Very cool.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

That is totally awesome. Iknow I should be jealous of your collection, but I can't be because I know you love each and every piece.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I don't have children to spend my money on so I get to indulge my collection.