Sunday, December 4, 2016

New To The Collection Of Cool

 
Toys R Us have become a horrible place to buy action figures at Christmas. When we had ZELLERS around they had almost half the back wall dedicated to rows and rows of toys which they were always restocking. I talked to a buddy that worked there and I asked him to save me few figures in the back and he told me not to bother. If I couldn't find the ones I wanted on the shelves then come back the next day and he was always right.
 
Case in point. I was in Canadian TIRE of all places where I saw this Wonder Woman that talks and light up for only 20 dollars. She is twice that anywhere else so I took advantage of the lack of toy knowledge at that hardware store and brought her home. In fact I had to go across the street to the Toys R Us to see if she was even there. Yes she was and she went for 37 dollars. Almost twice as much just across the street. That is insane. How does that happen? Of course TRU had nothing good in the DC Super Hero Girls or the Monster High variety. What does a 51 year old man have to do around here to get some inventory of great girl dolls that he loves?
 
  


2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Score!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Go with Canadian Tire. I wish I could have got her with the fortune in Canadian Tire money they used to let us redeem. Bastards. That was good times when you had a stack from your relations and you could go semi-crazy.