Tuesday, December 27, 2016

FUCK YOU 2016

This one really hurts. She was our Princess.

 
This one hurt. She was and still is most beloved. I liked her from the start and I never changed my mind about her. In fact I admired her more as she got older and revealed all she did about mental illness. She has always been immortal.
 


 
 
 
“George Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, gave me the part of Wicket, the Ewok who has a five-minute scene with Carrie Fisher. Wicket finds Carrie, as Princess Leia, unconscious after she crashes her speeder bike.

When she appeared on set, Carrie showed her concern for my wellbeing in the sweltering Ewok costume. ‘Are you OK in there, Warwick?’ she said. ‘It must be so hot.’

She reached down behind a log and pulled out a carton of chocolate milk with a long straw and fed me cookies in between takes. She was everything an 11-year-old Ewok could possibly wish for…”

 

 
 



 
 
  


5 comments:

Wings1295 said...

I cannot believe she is gone, too. I think we are at an age where the people we grew up watching, idolizing and emulating are beginning to age and, sadly, die. I fear this is just going to increase. Sadly, I hear we all have to go eventually.

Bye, Carrie. You made so many happy.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Not me. I am going to fight it every step of the way.

Dr. Theda said...

it is a sad day for Star Wars fans... She will be missed...

Rob R said...

FU 2016! I remember as a kid I wouldn't touch girl toys ("cooties" and all)... the one exception? Princess Leia. To me, she wasn't a girl, she was a hero! Later, I learned she was more than just a "princess" with her writings. A fine tribute to a badass woman, Cal!

Dr. Theda said...

As for "Mr. Death" ... our heart is dying (around 40% functional ) Now a "Black Tumor" attached the lower back of Heart now.. Pneumonia for last few weeks.. (in the dead lung)... and breathing issues.... (get more chest scans in morning)...
... We are Not just "Giving Up'...!!! will continue to post at the "Crypt" till our Last Days...!!!!