Monday, July 24, 2017

What A Rip-Off

I told you that Phelps wouldn't actually race a REAL shark that has been training for this race just like Phelps had been. After an hour of the show viewers were treated to him racing a CGI shark which is only based on an average of the top speed of a real great white be he so motivated to do so, but he WOULDN'T BE BECAUSE HE IS A FREAKING SHARK AND THEY DON'T RACE FOR SPORT OR MONEY. They only race for lunch but not a human lunch. For some reason most creatures do not enjoy the taste of us humans.

I hope Phelps got at least a silver medal with a shark on it for his efforts.

On Sunday, the age old question of who would win in a race between a Great White shark and a human was finally going to be answered thanks to the braveness of Olympic Gold medal winner Michael Phelps. Unfortunately, the question still remains unanswered as the Discovery Channel pulled a bait and switch by having Phelps race against a CGI version of a shark.


 

8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I smell a RATINGS GRAB.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I see an underhanded scumbag brand rating's grab. To make us wait for a big nothing is so cynical and I thought that Shark Week was supposed to be devoice of cynical but I guess not. Another illusion shattered. Don't shoot be because I have to see if there is a level of despair below the one I am currently on.

DrGoat said...

And you expected different from a celebrity on the Discovery Channel?
Not as bad as the History channel but..
Another let down, for me, was Midnight , Texas last night. Same ole, same ole. With the obligatory vampire too. I was bored so I times the amount of actual show to commercial time. It was 4 minutes 35 seconds for the show and 4 minutes 25 seconds of commercials. With the exception of the first 6 minutes. Basically 50/50. Hell, they could film the season in one week.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

DrGoat, I saw the commercials for "Midnight, Texas" and figured it would just be a ripoff downmarket version of "Preacher" so I didn't bother to watch. Sounds like I was right!

DrGoat said...

You were right D. Preacher is by far superior, with much better story line and way better production values. Midnight is basically a hokey mess. Bad CG too.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I am so sorry I know now to avoid this.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I just wanted to see Phelps get chewed by a shark who realized mid race how much all this was bullshit. Then he would turn on Phelps and the rest is a lawsuit.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

If only he was faster.