Saturday, September 16, 2017

It May Sound Shallow To Admit This



But I love Hela, The Goddess Of Death in Norse Mythology mostly because of her headgear which was lovingly designed by Jack Kirby. He was the master at complicated 'hats' and Hela's helmet is magnificent. I am glad it got replicated in the upcoming movie and she even molds it slowly in front of us in the trailer which I am going to add again. It's very sensual like Death should be. She makes you almost want to be her victim. She makes death seem very attractive to the Viking warrior inside me. That is cool. But I really love the headdress.




 


6 comments:

Nathan said...

I was a little disappointed that Marvel's Hela doesn't have the half-alive and half-dead face she did in mythology, because that kind of thing just seems really appropriate for comics. But yeah, the headdress is pretty awesome.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It can be done and might be with CGI but we just haven't seen it yet.

j-swin said...

At least you're honest and that's what counts. Plus, Kirby was the King, I'm looking forward to the Apokolips / new gods take in justice league

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

i don't think i've ever seen Kate Blanchet look this hot before. i've actually got a lot of reservations about this movie based on the trailers far but it might be worth seeing in theaters just for Blanchet alone.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Oh she look fantastic and a real threat. When she does her 'I am the Goddess of DEATH line I get all a tingle.

Plus the headdress.

j-swin said...

It's the goth look that's got her looking so fine.