Friday, January 18, 2019

Star Trek Discovery - Season Two Begins

 
"This is the power of SCIENCE, people."

I am happy to see that Star Trek Discovery is back and ready to toss everything we know and love about Star Trek at the screen. It's already done some genius casting with the inclusion of Anson Mount as Captain Christopher Pike who next to Jason Mamoa is one of my key man crushes.

We also get reintroduced to all our old favorites, Michael Bernam, Saru, Tilly, the girls on the bridge, and I especially like the way Pike deals with his people. He inspires confidence in them and lets them just do their jobs. I love the scene where he asks them to introduce themselves and he immediately remembers their names the next second when he gives them their orders. He learns early on to trust his people and that is why he is Captain even though he got an F in astrophysics.

Tilly is a bit manic in this first episodes but she will calm down once the situation gets going and I love that they now have a chief engineer who is a genius and solving technical problems. I am very excited and wish I could binge on the whole season but now it will remain a Thursday night treat.

 
The landing pods are very cool individual space bubbles and I do love me anthing space bubble related. The effects here are amazing. Maybe this is why Star Trek 4 was cancelled. Discovery is all we need to get our Star Trek buzz.
 
 

No comments: