Tuesday, December 3, 2019

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

 
At my very first Krampusnacht I watched the torches and watched the Krampus grab my sister and my mother and stuffing them in a cage on a horse pulled wagon. I thought my sister was gone but my Dad convinced me that I would miss my Mother if we didn't follow the wagon and retrieve them. The evening started well but turned into a chore. I was so annoyed that my sister had to be rescued that I no long feared the guy's in the Krampus costumes. Just more faux pagan bullshit without the balls to really carry certain children to Hell. Let's say TWO a season. Enough to keep your rep as the dark enforcers of the yuletide spirit of suffering and disappointment. It was then I only could admire them from afar because in the end they are just guys in scary costumes who come out one night a year to march through the streets pretending to terrify children. And Krampus is my very favorite thing ABOUT Christmas.
 


 
 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's almost time for Krampus Night again!

Count Robot said...

Krampus!!!!!!!

jester59388 said...

Krampus in the Korner is a GREAT idea! I want one!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

The german kids I grew up with were terrified of him.