Thursday, January 30, 2020

My Life With Baroness Simona Bebe


I just had a major insight about my emotionally unavailable cat who won't let me hold her for more than 20 seconds and that is on a good day. She is not a 'cuddler'. She will let your brush her and she will sleep next to you but unless you are scritching HER, she has no instinct for how to return the affection. It's like she is incapable of it. She still can't be more than two feet from me because apparently I fascinate her. She talks to me all the time with a humming sound that is called trilling and it's like that hum of disapproval that Marge Simpson emits when she is annoyed with any chaos around her. She is clearly having a conversation with me every time she can't shut up. And then it hit me. This cat is me. She mimics my behavior. All of my behaviors. It's quite disturbing. Now I feel sorry for her and that is insidious because I can forgive her behavior.


2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's why you're perfect for each other!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Yes, two mental patients. Save money for the government by doubling us up.