Thursday, March 5, 2009

Angel Boxed Set

I love it when I get stuff I didn't even know I wanted. My friend has been raving about Angel forever and I usually just gave her the usual 'meh' response. I am not one of those who was crazy for Buffy although I usually watched it when there was nothing else on. I totally approved of lesbian witch Willow but for the most part I always felt bad that I didn't get it the way others had. So when someone tried to sell me on a spin-off show, even though it had Charisma Carpenter (who TOTALLY needs to go all lesbian witch)I was not exited about a moody vampire with a heart of gold searching for redemption. I do like David Boreanaz in BONES so I thought I would give it a try and see how long the interest lasted. But I will be the first to admit that I LOVE this show after seeing it from the beginning. Each character is unique and interesting with their own story arc. I am into season three now and I can't watch enough. I love the whole Wolfram and Hart subplot (lawyers from hell - go figure) and I totally adore Fred and the rest of the 'fang gang'. And the theme music is about the best there has ever been.

2 comments:

Ben Varkentine said...

In the first season episode, "Rm W/A Vu," with Cordy looking for an apartment, the cult guy ("The Chanting starts at 4:00.”) is my pal Corey Klemow.

Unknown said...

My favourite season is 5. Almost the entire season is great and goes out on a high note. Plus, it continues in the comics.