Monday, October 12, 2009

The Airing of the Grievances - 8


Can anyone explain to me why I lost ANOTHER follower to put my current number at 98? Has anyone experienced this phenomena before or am I the only one. Its a myth that the dryer eats socks so I have never experienced that. If you look hard enough you always get back as many socks as you put in. THIS however annoys me to no end. You can follow as many blogs as you would like, the net puts no limits on that. It has to be a deliberate act to remove yourself from following somebody's blog. My content hasn't changed the whole year. I must know why you left. Why can't I know why you left?

Does every morning show on the radio have to be 'wacky'. "Wake up with the Zoo Crew!" they say. "Listen to Silly Gilly, The Coach and Mother Trucker on KFUK FM 890. We put the zing in your mornings." UGH! Is goofy what I really want in the morning when I get up? I would prefer if everyone just toned it down a bit before I have fully settled into my routine. Go bonkers after work, or at night when I would appreciate your fart jokes. I smell those farts in the morning and think its me but its not. That odor is coming from my radio.

11 comments:

Mykal Banta said...

Cal: Crap, you have uncovered the anti-calvin conspiracy. Slowly, almost unnoticed, your hits and followers will decrease until, like the incredible shrinking man, we will simply evaporate into tiny atoms! HAHAHAHAHA.

Dude, your monitoring of hits and followers is beginning to follow the "fruit cup" pattern. You get, what, about a bazillion hits a day? My heart bleeds ;-)

But seriously, yep, I have seen the same thing. I've seen the follower count go down more than once. Who knows the reason?

Don't worry. We love you. -- Mykal

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Thanks buddy. I guess I should stop worring about it and just BE.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

And there IS an anti-Calvin conspiracy, believe it. The stinkin squids have hired private investigators and a P.R. firm to besmirch my good name. I can only counter them with the truth - fricken inky bastards.

Drake said...

I recently got 2 new followers of the Eclectic Banana Blog, i now have 17, today the blogverse tomorrow the world! *evil laughter*

Fight the Squids!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

See, Drake understands. Its a thrill to watch your follower list grow. So when it GOES DOWN its like slap to the groin.

Anonymous said...

blogger does limit the amount of blogs one can follow with their software to 300. i've had to make some compromises from time to time.. you know, 'cut' someone from the team..

i suppose i could use google reader or something else that allows for unlimited following, but i think 300 is a good manageable number.

The League said...

I've done the blogging thing for years now, and people just sort of come and go. There's not much you can do about it. In my case, I suppose people have read everything they want to read that I'm going to say, or they get busy, or their readership drops to a trickle and evaporates.

I have friends who I know no longer read not because theyd ropped, but because they will send me the exact same article or pic or whatever I posted two or three days after it went up. Those always make me saddest.

Still, be happy. I'm floating at around 20ish "followers".

You may also want to look into tying your posts to Facebook. It'll easily autopopulate to people's readership without them adding another click to their day.

Robin said...

Don't worry, your followers might be down...but there are those of us that lurk in the corners and read your blog daily without formerly following :)

Wings1295 said...

It's at 99 now. And I am going with what you said - just not worrying about things TOTALLY out of my control. :)

Wandering Coyote said...

I wouldn't sweat the follower thing at all! I have fewer than 50 - well, now my blog has changed so it doesn't matter.

People can turn that option off if they want to. I personally am not a huge fan of the follower widget; it's kind of silly and looks odd and sometimes it doesn't show up well. Also, I use Google Reader so I don't necessarily need to follow everyone because I subscribe to their feeds. Some people also choose to follow privately, too.

Anonymous said...

maybe you post too often and some people cant keep up with the constant updates...