Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Captain Canuck FAIL



While I love any kind of Canadian superheroes they can be few and far between when compared the US where literally thousands of characters have been created. You really have to bring the creativity if you want the love from us Canucks. 'Alpha Flight' is one of the coolest teams ever and were created by John Byrne, a fellow Canadian. As a team of mutants they can proudly hold their own against any other hero team in the business. Their look is visually fantastic and original. They are so awesome that even the most popular character today (Wolverine) once belonged to this team. I have every Alpha Flight comic ever put out. I fell in love with them during their first appearance in X-men and later when their own comic premiered. That first issue had several pages set in my home town. It was like it was made especially for me to enjoy. So, for me, the bar has been set pretty high.

When you show me this rather stupid looking Captain Canuck I feel like I want to cry. The maple leaf is badly drawn and looks like a combination of marijuana leaf and a star. If you are going to go with that visual then the LEAST you can do is look up what a maple leaf actually looks like. I am also not diggin' that dinner jacket. Thanks to Dr. Monkey for putting the fearful images where I could find them.


5 comments:

Brian Busby said...

Dinner jacket. Yes, but I think it also owes something to the jacket Michael Jackson wore in the 'Thriller' video.

Wings1295 said...

Never read Alpha Flight, I was always a DC geek!

Wings1295 said...

But yeah, that Captain Canuck is pretty sad looking!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I loved Alpha Flight.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

FYI, I put those bad Captain Canuck panels up for you. I'm glad you found them.