Friday, October 16, 2009

Okay - This Is Crazy....Or Is It?


My head nearly exploded reading this analysis of Stanley Kubrick's film 'The Shining'. I had long heard the conspiracy theory that Kubrick was the director hired to 'fake' the moon landing for the US Government. It sure gives you alot to ponder if you are inclined to believe in that theory. It WOULD explain why Neil Armstrong has never talked about the flight publicly - he had to much integrity to enrich himself after this historic event, knowing it was faked. Now 'Mythbusters' put all my questions to rest but things like this and the Kennedy assassination never go away. Check out this analysis and tell me what you think.



http://www.jayweidner.com/ShiningSecrets.html

5 comments:

ThoughtCriminal said...

No! No! No! That's the decoy cover story! Here's what really happened:

The REAL Moon Hoax

Wandering Coyote said...

OK, I took a Stanley Kubrick course in university in film studies and I had to do a paper on this movie.

First of all, the author of the essay makes very clever and even credible arguments - to a point. He is also, I think, imposing his own agenda on someone else's work. His theories are fun, but they go too far. The "All" = A11 and the whole A theme doesn't work for me and is far-fetched IMO.

Symbolically, I buy that the symbols could be interpreted as referencing the moon landing, and sure, artists get obsessed with all kinds of themes in their lives. But to interpret them as referring to this particular conspiracy theory? No, I just don't think it works.

BTW, there is a GREAT mockumentary out there called "Dark Side of the Moon" that is all about this supposed Kubrick moon landing thing. It's a MUST SEE, if you can find it. I saw it on CBC a few years ago.

Tom said...

If the fake moon landing were directed by Steven Spielberg, then I'll bet there would be John Williams music in the background. If anyone could pull it off, it would be Kubrick.

Wings1295 said...

Hogwash & Hooey!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

AND Hooey? That is pretty harsh there wings.