Saturday, December 12, 2009

Best Late Christmas Gift EVER!


My father passed away 5 years ago. Today when my mother and I were clearing out some old Christmas ornament boxes we found this comic in a box. It was encased in one of those plastic cases that they use to verify the value and condition of the comic. Most that you buy over the Internet will have this. I looked puzzled but she remembered that this was something my Dad had researched on the computer while he was at work because he knew it was the first comic I had ever read and thought it would be a great gift. He also never missed giving me action figures for X-mas. This must have gotten lost in the shuffle of things and to find it today brought big tears to my eyes. Even still, he looks out for his geek of a son. Miss and love you Dad.

8 comments:

Sam G said...

My thoughts and condolences to you Cal. Looks like an awesome comic.

nursemyra said...

what a great find

Wings1295 said...

Wow. How awesome is that. Great post, Cal. See? Your Dad does want you to partake in the Christmas festivities! He gave you a gift this year!

Unknown said...

Totally cool.

Will said...

It's a great parent that knows their children. My condolences to you & your family

Unknown said...

this is an awesome story. My Dad is the greatest guy and he's always done stuff like that for me throughout my life, so I can identify with that.

Chase March said...

That is amazing!

Dads are the best aren't they?

A personal gift like that, after years, has to be the most special gift ever.

Thanks for sharing this story.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Yeh Chase I am still diggin' it. Just like my Dad to do something like that. Knowing him like I did I wouldn't doubt he just left it in that box on purpose for my birthday or the next Christmas but forgot about when he got sick.