Monday, December 14, 2009

Worst Album Cover Of The Decade


I am prepared to give this piece of crap the worst album cover of the MILLENNIUM award because in the next thousand years I can't imagine anyone coming up with something stupider. Were do I begin making fun of it? This thing almost defies mockery. They are not rappers so you can't blame it on a lack of education. I would guess they are theatre dropouts or drag queens but neither of those groups go SO over the top. Someone, somewhere had to sign off on this and thought it was a good piece of design. Who is the audience for this music? Gay lion tamers who live in Las Vegas and that's it. The guy in blue is clutching his chest to signify the massive heart attack he will have when the sales figures come in. I am tempted to search out this group's music but I fear that once I do I will never be able to get it out of my head. The only option then will be to use a power drill to remove the sound manually. Truly frightening. Check out the other 'winners' by following the link below.

http://media.gunaxin.com/the-25-worst-album-covers-of-the-decade-2000-2009/37511

5 comments:

Mr. Primate said...

Really?

You should really listen to the band before you pass judgement.

Rarely in recent years have I seen album art that captures the essence of a pop group's music as Empire Of The Sun. Its a beautiful piece of modern psychedelic pop.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I think I will take a pass on this one and not feel like I have missed out on anything than you very much.

Wings1295 said...

Hah! I thought of Sigfried and Roy when I saw that pic, and then I saw in your post that you did too! hahahaha

this alien said...

i tend to agree with your assessment of the cover art...it does drive one away from giving them a try...BUT...the album really is terrific.

Fritz said...

Nope. The worst album cover of the decade is Party Music by The Coup.

http://www.albumartexchange.com/covers.php?id=58147

It was a long decade. But, the cover with the twin towers exploding that was created just before the 9/11 terror attacks is the worst album cover by far. Nothing comes close.

You've selected a very bad cover. But, at least that one didn't have to be pulled from the market.