Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Week Is Full Of Grievances


I should have combined all the thing I am cranky about this week under fan favorite topic 'The Airing of the Grievances' but I thought I would only have the current topic to bitch about and that feature requires at least four things to be bugging me at the same time. However, the minute I finish and post one thing to bitch about something else gets paraded in front of my cynical eyes. You all know I have no internal or virtual filter so here we are again.


This painting bothers me. Imagine first of all that you have the kind of 1700s occupation that allows you to afford to hire a painter to perserve your terrifying vissage in a portrait. Then instead of putting your best face forward you choose a sneer as you facial expression. When the paiting is done you happily take it home to show the family who all say it great TO YOUR FACE. Behind your back, however, they are all thinking - "WTF is with that look Grampa?" - exactly what I first thought. It's just so stupid. How these ancestors ever pulled themselves out of ignorance is something I will never have the ability to answer.

No comments: