Wednesday, April 21, 2010

30 Day Challenge II - Day 18 - Favorite Quotes


I know that I have been all over these challenges and hardly giving out one a day because when anything feels like work on my blog I abandon it faster than a crack whore's new baby. But this one is good. I love the quotes that people find memorable and repeat back to themselves and in mixed company. Brother J rightly noticed a few days ago that my favorite quote comes from the 'Hunt for Red October' when Fred Thompson says 'This situation will get out of control. It will get out of control and we will be lucky to live through it' I use that quote in so many different situations and that is what makes it great. Here are the other ones I have collected.

"I may be mad, I may be blind, I may be viciously unkind, but I still read what you're thinking." -Annie Lennox

"Zephyr in the sky at night I wonder,do my tears of mourning,sink
beneath the sun"-Madonna (Ray of Light)


"He's a good teacher..really seems to care. About WHAT I have no idea." -ThorntonMelon/RodneyDangerfield (Back to School)

"You will be known as Usul, which is the strength at the base of the pillar."-Stilgar (Dune)

"I couldn't fix your brakes so I made your horn louder." -Steven Wright

"Don't try to find the answer when there is no question here, brother let your heart be wounded and give no mercy to your fear" -Live (Run to the Water)

"Roooooll that beautiful bean footage" -Duke (Bush's Baked Beans commercial)

"Bill Gates is a monocle and a Persian cat away from being a villain in a James Bond movie"-Dennis Miller

"Are you saying...you want a piece of me?" -Frank Costanza/Jerry Stiller - (Seinfeld)

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly." -Arthur Carlson/Gordon Jump - (WKRP in Cincinnati)

"From some other planet I get this funky high off a yellow sun." -Matchbox 20

"The only good human...is a DEAD human!" -General Urus (Planet of the Apes)

"Buddy, if that did it for me I would be the luckiest man in the world." -Jack Nicholson (As Good As It Gets)

"You wanted to tussle? We TUSSLED!!" -Jennifer Lopez (Out of Sight)

"I try to say good-bye and I choke, try to walk away and I stumble, though I try to hide it, its clear, my world crumbles when you are not near."- Marcy Gray

"HEY! You stole my Jesus fish!" -Puddy (Seinfeld)

Is that Dad?" - Bart Simpson
"Either that or Batman has really let himself go." - Lisa Simpson

"Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm." -Steven Wright

"Carmine said ONE boy..here there are TWO. Carmine said ONE...here are TWO!"-John Cassevettes

"Sam, can I tell you something else? Sometimes if you want
to catch the wild monkey you got to climb the TREE!"-Bubby


"Sir..Just drop the Chulupa! Put it down and back away!" "Sir, drop the Chulupa!" -Tacco Bell Commercial

"Homer, he prefers the company of men!"- Marge Simpson
"Well who DOESN'T????" - Homer Simpson


"Is that a picture of Mussolini?" - Matthew Broderick
"Well it ain't Tony Bennet!" - Marlon Brando

"Trust in Allah, but tie up your camel." -John Phillip Law - (Golden Voyage of Sinbad)

"The clock is another demon that devours our time in Eden" -10,000 Maniacs (Our Time In Eden)

"The President is missing"- Bob Hauk
"The President of what?" - Snake Plisken (Escape From New York)


"We are not afforded the luxury of choosing the woman we fall in love with." -General Martok on the path to KalhyA

"Hello. My name is Indiago Montoya...you killed my father...prepare to die." Manny Pitankin (Princess Bride)

"Be careful Senorita...there are dangerous men about." -Zorro - Antonio Banderas (Mask of Zorro)

"24 hours in a day...24 beers in a case...coincidence?" -Steven Wright

"You are like my yo-yo, that glowed in the dark. What made it special, made it dangerous." -Kate Bush

"The sea was ANGRY that day my friends!" -George Costanza/Jason Alexander- (Seinfeld)

"You probably already got whats killing you."-Adam Mireault

"Till your deepest secrets are known to me I will not be moved" -Live - Run to the Water

"San Francisky? Did you drive and did you flew?" -Sid Dithers/Eugene Levy - (SCTV)

"Crash and burn, all the stars explode tonight. How'd you get so desperate, how'd you stay alive?"
-Hole


"When Brian Boitano traveled through time to the year 3010, he fought the evil robot kings and saved the Universe again"-South Park Movie

"Make your peace with GOD A.J.!!!!" -Harry Stamper/Bruce Willis - (Armageddon)

"Who are you?" - criminal scumbag
"I'm BATMAN." - Batman/Michael Keaton - (Batman)

"And the monkey flips the switch." -Major West/Matt Leblanc (Lost in Space)

"Shucks! And I thought termites only et wood." -Huckleberry Hound

"Do you know what you have done? You have taken one of the great woman on the face of the earth and thrown her away. I lost her too but I'll get over it because I am SHALLOW and SELF CENTERED but you WON'T because you are COMPLEX!"
-Maestro - (Money Pit)


"I'm your Huckleberry." -Doc Holiday /Val Kilmer - (Thombstone)

"The trick is to keep breathing" -Garbage (Shirley Manson)

"If I should lose my mind would you still call me Superman?" -Three Doors Down

"When I was King I made you Pope" "When I was Pope I made you King" "I love you my King" "I love you my Pope" "I love you BOTH! BUT I LOVE ENGLAND MORE THAT IS WHY I AM KING OF THE POPES!!!!!!" -SCTV

"I don't know if you have ever had someone trying to kill you but its a really weird feeling." -Tom Petty

"I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met." -Steven Wright

"How's it gonna be when you find out there is nothing between you and me? Cause I don't care hows it gonna be."
-Third Eye Blind

"Scott my boy." "I got a whole bag of SHUSH with your name on it"
-Dr. Evil /Mike Meyers (Austin Powers)


"Its a Puma!"
-Jamie Buckman (Helen Hunt)

DISHONORABLE MENTION - Any song with the following line in it...
"Put you hands in the air...and wave em like you just don't care."

3 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Great stuff! Steven Wright is always awesomely quotable!

M. D. Jackson said...

"Educating a beautiful woman is like pouring honey over a fine switch watch!"

Kurt Vonnegut
Happy Birthday Wanda June

M. D. Jackson said...

Sorry, suffered from premature posting.

That should have been a "fine Swiss watch"

(How embarrassing. Nothing left to do but clean up, put my pants back on and go home!)