Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Day The Internet Let Me Down

It had to happen sooner or later. After blogging for more than two years I have finally failed to find a video clip I wanted to use for a post. What makes matters worse is that it happened TWICE today. So much for the myth of the Internet - so much for my naive childish belief that there was nothing you couldn't find.

The first thing I was looking for was an old Looney Tunes cartoon called 'Pizzicato Pussycat'. It's the one where the house cat finds out that the mouse can play the piano beautifully. He takes advantage of that skill to pretend that he can play the piano. At first everything is great and the cat is hailed as a genius - that is until the mouse breaks his glasses and the cat is exposed as a fraud during a huge concert. It's very funny.


The second thing was the great Ossie Davis scene in the Tom Hanks movie 'Joe vs the Volcano'. Ossie plays a chauffeur who gives Tom some life advice from the driver's seat of the limo they both are in. Another funny clip.

The real shame here is that it's the kids that suffer the most from me not being able to procure these clips. My descriptions will never do justice to the actual video that you have been so cruelly denied. Mark your calendars because on THIS day, the Internet began it's long, slow decline into death. Remember you heard it here first. Le SIGH!

6 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Maybe it is because you are meant to be the one to find and post those clips from original sources, yourself?

Kal said...

But I don't know how to do that.

Wings1295 said...

Well, me neither. Didn't say I was gonna be any help! hahaha :)

Nomad said...

The cat may be a problem but Joe vs the Volcano is on DVD. Love that movie. I always watch it when Im going to go on a trip.

Pat Tillett said...

Almost as tragic as the "day the music died..."

Megan said...

Love that toon.