Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hope

I love this story. In a world where lives are cheap and disposable in favor of profit, this event reminds us all that each life is precious and saving lives is always worth the effort.

I would like to think that all the craziness happening out there is a precursor to a positive change in the world but I know that nothing ever changes. The powerful get stronger on the backs on the powerless.

So I will enjoy this event and the hope it gives me. Sometimes all we have is hope to keep us afloat.

6 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

Well given how the president of Chile is trying to make a political buffet out of the whole thing I don't think it's a harbinger of that much change.

As we all should be aware by now (and shame on us if we are not) the more things change the more they remain the same.

Kal said...

Yeh, I knew I was silly to hope.

Lazarus Lupin said...

As the Russians say, "You don't look at the head" to see if the duck floats." Hope and change is borne by the people and then it wanders upwards to the leaders.

Lazarus Lupin
http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
art and review

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Don't go back to cynicism, guys, not for the moment, at least. It IS TRULY hopeful that they ALL survived and were rescued after 69 days of being 2000 feet underground! See, you've gotta look for the hope in the right places (not in the politicians).

Thanks for this post, Cal! I was hoping someone would post this, and I should've known you would. xo

Drake said...

It was nice watching cable news showing something good for a change and oh so human and dramatic.
Naturally they're back to the usual mudslinging political crap today.

M. D. Jackson said...

It has taught the world a lesson. Next time there's a crisis put the miners in charge.