Sunday, October 17, 2010

O-Rings At Mickey D's?

Please tell me that these are real. Because to tease me with a mock-up is just mean. Onion rings are my favorite deep fried letter shapes of all. How can a burger joint NOT have onion rings? I can believe that they took this long to create the perfect rings that will be just as addictive as their fries. Sure the burgers do not decompose like most food does but frankly I don't care. Good is good.

I can remember a time when going to McDonald's was a huge treat. They just didn't have them in our area of Europe when I was a kid. Except for the one near Mozart's birthplace in Salzburg Austria were we vacationed every summer. I am not kidding. It was a small restaurant on the same street with just the M logo on the door. Of all the foods, it was the apple pies that we cherished the most. We would save them till we got back to the hotel and had them with icecream.

9 comments:

Amy said...

You just made my life. If this turns out to not be true I will cry.

Kal said...

I have seen many of these pictures lately so I am chosing to be hopeful because I have an unnatural affection for the battered onion ring. However, if it's not true I will hurt like no man has ever hurt before.

M. D. Jackson said...

There's a McDonald's near Mozart's Birthplace? Dear God!

Kal said...

Yeh I know. All this rich old architecture and the red arches on a clear glass door. I hope they have moved locations since I was last in Salzburg which was about 15years ago.

Fnord said...

With the multitude of McDonalds that surround me, I have yet to hear or see anything about onion rings making an appearance.

The Invisible Seductress said...

WTF....really....when????...when I ask...when????

Amy said...

I've been thinking about this since last night, so I had to do some internet research. Apparently, they've had these in Europe for a while.

http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/food/fries/onion-rings.mcdj

I guess it's one of those regional things, like the McLobster. What, you guys don't have the McLobster?

Kal said...

NO we don't have the McLobster. It's official. I now hate everything. No McRings and No McLobster. Why do I even try anymore?

Pat Tillett said...

I hope it's not a tease! If they are half as good as their fries I'm in...