Sunday, October 17, 2010

Flynn's Archade


Just in time for the release of the new TRON movie, Disney is opening up and eighties style arcade at their California Adventure Park. Gaming as we had it back in the day. Large stand up machines that you actually had to leave the house to play. Ms Pack-Man, Donkey Kong, Punch Out, Joust and Galaga - those were the games of my youth. I hope they keep it stocked with fresh jail bait to maintain the authentic atmosphere.

I so need to go visit the Disney Parks one day soon. It's a major gap in my bucket list.



http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/10/catapult-back-to-1982-at-flynns-arcade-at-electronica/?CMP=SOC-DLRUSENFY10Q4DLR_SocMedFacebook0003

5 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

Tank Battle (or something like that) that was my favourite. Spent a summer in the early eighties at the pier in Brighton pouring 10p pieces down that particular video game's gullet.

Megan said...

I know some folks that work there. They say it's been "done right" but they're all under 30 so until I see it I'll reserve my raptures.

But these are some smart kids so I have hope!

Kal said...

I think people our age should be the judge of if it is 'done right', don't you think, Megan. FINALLY, I can be the authority on something cool. They should have 'Cave of Cool Approved' stickers on all the machines if it, of course, passes my high standards. I suspect Disney will be flying me out there any day now.

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's at California Adventure? I must go check it out!

Kal said...

I hate you replicant. Let me know how great it is.