Monday, October 4, 2010

Pointer Sisters - Slow Hand

The Pointer Sisters: Slow Hand or see more The Pointer Sisters Videos



Just when you think you know everything about me I gotta drop this bomb. I heard a small audio clip on the 'Stephanie Miller Show' and it reminded me how much I love the groove of this song.

Plus this is the song I always choose for karaoke because I sing it AWESOME - part Barry While, part Tom Jones. I never leave the stage without a near standing ovation and a crowd of ladies rushing the stage for my panties. (bad news girls - I don't wear any panties because a stallion must run, and he must run FREE.

This is on my top five list of the great songs from the 80s and the video can actually be watched without cringing. Unfortunately 80 percent of videos from that age cannot claim the same thing.

It's the perfect slow ballad.

This is what we had before the Internet, bitches. It's the greatest decade to look back on because it was so fricken' cool. The fifties had the atom bomb working for it. The sixties were all about those smelly hippies. The seventies gave us great television but the eighties swung for the future and brought us a new and fresh way to look at EVERYTHING. and laid the ground work for all the control the individual now has over creative expression and 'on-demand entertainment.

So have some respect.

1 comment: