Friday, October 8, 2010

WTF?


"So apparently, Cap is fighting HYDRA and not the entire Nazi regime because the MPAA demanded that Marvel take out Nazi paraphernalia from the movie."

Yeh, because we want to be sure that we don't offend the Nazis. They might get all riled up and march on Poland or something similar. Are the German's really going to add that much box office that we are so afraid to offend them?

What kind of world are we living in when we have to whitewash the uncomfortable events of the past so that they don't affect profits in the now - oh yeh - it's planet Earth.

What's next. Changing the 'The Color Purple' so that it becomes the story of employees who work at a small business that supports the cotton industry of the deep South in the late 1800s?

Way to go MARVEL - for a house built on superheroes you sure look like a bunch of corporate pussies to me.

(fan made posters)

4 comments:

Tim Knight said...

Hmmm! That sounds like a lot of Interweb Chinese Whispers (aka rumour-mongering hogwash) to me.

You can't have a WWII story without Nazis - they appear in war movies ever week - and I'm sure there will Nazis in the Captain America movie - for Cap to kick in the ass ;)

Kal said...

Nazis or Republicans, either is fine with me.

D.I. Felipe González said...

Better fight against republicans. They make me afraid of America.

Kal said...

They should identify themselves by wearing an armband with an R on it so I don't mistake who I want to smack.

It's testiment to how bad it is that you are probably more afraid of them than you are of the drug lords.