Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Superhero Customs By Mike Madrid


These are some fine one-of-a-kind figures from sculptor Mike Madrid. It's so hard to get the faces just right so that the actually look like women. It would have been easy to just use a stock female head for these customs. Instead he designed each figure to look like they do in the comic books.

These customs remind me of why I love action figures or statues of my heroes. It's all in the design. Check out his site to see the entire collection and learn more about the book her wrote on the subject. Here are some of my favorites with Wonder Girl being my most favorite of the bunch.









http://www.heaven4heroes.com/heaven4heroes/Heaven4Heroes_Home.html

4 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

Oh God, those are Sweet! Those are just so... Oh... Oh, God... awww Crap! Now I gotta go change my pants!

Kal said...

And they are all customs. Look at the faces of Elasta Girl and Wonder Girl. They are just like in the comic books. One is the all-american girl and the other is a demi-goddess. I like how he cares about those little details. The tiny Doom Patrol around Rita shows scale. We instantly know what her powers are. Great stuff. I wish I could have downloaded more from the creator site but he has blocked that.

Sam G said...

Damn. That Wonder Girl is all kinds of awesome!

CkretsGalore said...

Yeah I so dig those! Not that I'm a geek or anything like that.