Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cool Website Of The Day - The Secret Museum Of Mankind


Cannibals. Fakirs. Crime and punishment. Rituals. Slaves, cults and customs. Warriors and weapons. Equestrians and equilibrists. Musicians and mendicants. Dance, dress, undress and body modification. Structures, conveyances, beasts, and more breasts than you can shake a stick at! This is The Secret Museum of Mankind.

Published in 1935, the Secret Museum is a mystery book. It has no author or credits, no copyright, no date, no page numbers, no index. Published by "Manhattan House" and sold by "Metro Publications", both of New York, its "Five Volumes in One" was pure hype: it had never been released in any other form.



This is the kind of book I would have loved as a kid. The more weird the better to me.

http://ian.macky.net/secretmuseum/page_1.2.html

2 comments:

Tempo said...

yeah I used to love those old weird books when I was a kid...until I visited a real Army library with my Brother-in-law (Army man) The books I saw there and the imaged therein freaked me out big time! (cured)

Kal said...

The base at Shilo Manitoba had a great military library and museum that I spent many hours in the summers visiting.