Friday, July 22, 2011

Frank Miller - Holy Terror

I can take or leave Frank Miller. I really like 'Dark Knight Returns' and '300'. 'The Spirit' left me cold. All that movie and they couldn't tell me exactly who this 'Spirit' was anyways and what made him so special. Maybe I need to watch that movie again but I can't sit through Scarlet Johanson's 'performance' another time. I can't. I won't.

But 'Holy Terror' is something I will experience as a 'motion comic' - it's not quite full animation but it's enough to tell a good story. A plus is that the art from the comic book is used in the creation of the motion comic so you can enjoy the story the way the creators intended. You have the added bonus of 'pacing'.

You see how long the story took in Miller's mind. One night? One week? It's easy to use lighting to distinguish between light and day. You can also capture action not possible with a regular 2D 'floppy' version of the story.

I know it looks like everything else Miller has ever done but let me know what you think of this trailer.



http://www.toplessrobot.com/

No comments: