Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I Have Made Contact With Brother Sizer


I have been seeking out artist Paul Sizer since I first saw his work this weekend. I am always on the lookout for people like MD and Becca and Sam Gilmore and Jesse who have what it takes to give image to my 'Cave of Cool' mythology.

So I got an email from Paul and we are currently in negotiations as to what the images should look like. I would love to hear anything my followers would like to see included. I really wish to include the ideas from those of you who know me and appreciate me the most.

Here is our conversation so you are on board with what was thinking this morning when I just free associated some ideas.

My Unlimited Love To You All for helping me with this very important commission to me.

You can learn alot about my the 'mythology from my web site. Basically I am a time travelling adventurer who has a real hate on for the CEPHALOPODS who I believe are working with the alien. They meet and plan and scheme against us on the ocean bottom where we can't survive but they can. Octopus have always freaked me out so when I started this blog it was all very anti-tentacle. This was around the time that stupid Octopus was predicting the outcomes of soccer games. Anything you do for me should include steampunk elements....maybe something where I am a little more cyborg due to some intense battles with my octopus enemies. I need to have my cat ADMIRAL included as well as exotic weaponry and steampunk influenced modern tech. (wow, it all sounds so goofy when written out like that).

I love your propaganda posters so we may want to go in that direction. I am the hero of the piece of course - There Has Always Been A Cave of Cool so my headquarters change all the time. I like the arctic or under the water where the narwhals swim. Selena Gomez is a big part of these adventures as are Teddy Roosevelt (Bully) and a moody but loyal velociraptor.


I am looking for something that poses all the characters I think. Not in battle but in their headquarters with all the old timey TV tech behind them.

Well that is alot. Let me know if this sparks anything in you.

Oh and I have to ask. Are you FOR THE SQUID or against them?



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: kheighton@hotmail.com
CC: paul@paulsizer.com
Subject: Hello from Sizer!
From: paul.sizer@wmich.edu
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 10:31:44 -0500

Hey Kal,
I got your message just the other day, sorry for the delay in responding.
And thank you so much for the nice blog post! I'm flattered that you found my work so entertaining. And yeah, it was so great to do all the work with Dolby, he's a great guy!

Yes, I am available for commission work and would be happy to see what you have in mind and to see how I can help you out.
When you have a chance, send me some more details and I can look it over and give you some feedback/pricing/etc.
Thanks for the contact!
Talk more soon,
Paul

PAUL SIZER
Sizer Design + Illustration
Industrial Strength Design

paul@paulsizer.com
www.paulsizer.com

2 comments:

Belle said...

Congrats on meeting up with Paul Sizer. I don't have any suggestions and I'm sure the finished product will be fantastic.

Sam G said...

Coooooooooooooooool!