Saturday, November 26, 2011

I Am A Useless Human Being

Someone is playing music for blind elephants and all I did today was give the cat a really substandard brushing. The Admiral could tell my heart just wasn't into it.



Everybody Needs A Hobby of the Day: Pianist Paul Barton celebrates his 50th birthday in style: Playing Beethoven for old, injured, blind, and handicapped elephants at a nature preserve in the mountains of Kanchanaburi, Thailand.

“It was a 50th birthday present to myself,” Barton is quoted as saying. “My wife and I have been working with blind elephants for many years, and I thought it might be something they would enjoy to listen to.”

Sure, he had to drag the piano all the way up there, but it was an experience they will never forget.


http://thedailywh.at/

1 comment:

Belle said...

What a sweetie he is.