Sunday, November 6, 2011

We Live In A GOLDEN AGE



From what I remember about bandages they usually went on your boo boo and lasted about ten minutes before being found in the sammich you are eating or the tub you are enjoying - sometimes both. Despite claims to the contrary in their commercials, BAND-AID brand sterile bandages did NOT stick on me. In fact, they did everything they could to avoid attaching themselves to me in anyway.

So this afternoon after adding the polyneosporin to my burn and securing three bandages, I decided to have a nice bath. A hour later I think to look at my wound and all three freakin' bandages were still attached! As of this minute they are still affixed to my skin and still allow me free movement. If I was a betting man I would lay 100 dollars down that they will still be protecting me from infection when I wake up tomorrow morning.

These are not just regular band-aids. These are the type they give the astronauts so that if the spacecraft springs a leak they can just seal it up quickly with these magic post-it notes.

You can also see the sharp repair work I did with clear packing tape on my nearly destroyed headphones. Barely three months with this pair. I need something industrial next time.

Maybe the same guys who made my bandages should be working on designing me a set of headphones that can last a year. Then we will talk about a keyboard and a computer chair that can endure the same kind of punishment that I dish out to my headphones.

My 'Venture Bros' mousepad is starting to look pretty ratty too. I am just losing all control over the quality of this operation.

4 comments:

Tempo said...

Oh, I thought you were doing some sort of Star Trek salute in that first pic...
Ain't that the way with Bandaids? They either fall off in 3 seconds flat exposing you to every nasty germ in the place or they stick so hard you have to tear them* off after a week because you're starting to go green around the wound.
*and your hair

Sam G said...

...and why don't they make the entire plane out of the same material they make the 'black boxes' out of?;P

M. D. Jackson said...

Have you thought about ear buds? The soft, squishy kind that don't hurt your ears? My daughter gets them from a vending machine at the mall for a tooney. They only last about a month but then there's a whole vending machine full of 'em for another $2.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

No Tempo that is my black power salute. Solidarity my brothers.

And why doesn't Doc Savage make shirts out of the same material as his pants which never seem to get shredded like his shirts often do.

MD - your solution to my problem was an elegant one. Go SMALLER, not bigger. Low tech over stolen tech. I like it.