Friday, December 9, 2011

My People Are Really The Most Talented


If you are a steampunk loving freak like I am that of course you know about Dr. Gordbots and the awesome steampunk world and gadgets that Gred Broadbent created. In fact, I think today would be a good day to do a nice image post of his beautiful works of art.

His Dr. Gordbort world inspired my own little 'Cave of Cool' is so many ways. I love how his work just DEFINES steampunk. The 1890s media vibe and big brass and wood weapons, the overkill in design and size that somehow seems to all connect in my imagination. I know this world. I live in this world. I know that sometimes what you hunt is really hunting YOU. The jungle, the dinosaurs, the spaceships - beautiful.

Now good buddy and Cave of Cool alum, Nick Ward has written the trailer 'The Deadliest Game' and Media Design School has produced our first look at the visuals. I live and die for this stuff.

If you like it too pop over to 'Wood of Kings' and let Nick know. He's the real deal and he likes cuckoo-clocks. He is also the only person I know who actually got to live off the grid for awhile - escaped the Matrix. Good on ya mate for living the dream. You only get one go around here people. Best try to leave something meaningful behind.

I swear if I could gather all this talent I know in one room I could be the next Walt Disney (only my movies would have more cleavage in them).

http://woodofkings.blogspot.com/2011/12/deadliest-game.html?showComment=1323438048581#c6507399889951253796

The show chronicles the exploits of a retro-future Victorian adventurer conceived by author, sculptor, painter, and designer Greg Broadmore. Broadmore is also a concept artist for Weta Workshop, helping to imagine the characters, creatures, and weapons of Avatar, District 9, and Lord of the Rings.



2 comments:

Daph said...

awesome!! thanks for the morning scoop, I love to learn new things. Have a great day!

Nick Ward said...

Shucks Cal. It's a good day when my work is the subject of one of your posts. As soon as the film is up I'll message you on the interphonium. I've missed the grid.