Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Fraidy Cat Story Of The Day


Agoraphobic Cat Refuses to Leave Futuristic Egg House

Mitzy, a kitty from Sacramento, CA, has reportedly refused to leave her egg-shaped, pod house. Feline psychologists have diagnosed Mitzy with derealization disorder, a type of dissociative anxiety. ”For Mitzy, her egg is a safe haven. It is her whole world,” said Dr. Jonas Günderson. “Things outside the egg don’t even seem real to Mitzy anymore.”

At least one friend who wished to remain anonymous presented a different theory: “She’s a cat. A freakin’ cat. She’ll come out when she’s hungry.”

6 comments:

DrGoat said...

There might be some validity to this. After our kitty Mary died, her brother, who we also have and they were inseparable, has retreated into the extra bedroom/den and only comes out to eat and do other kitty business. When he does stay out for a while, he just bitches. I understand.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I have seen that Cat Whisperer show where they show kitties with deep emotional problems.

TS Hendrik said...

That's one of the best things ever. "A freakin' cat." Hilarious!

M. D. Jackson said...

Well, you you want to leave a cool, tricked out, futuristic egg house? I sure as heck wouldn't if I didn't have rent to pay!

Sarah said...

The agoraphobia thing may be for real...first time I took my Bama outside she was entirely freaked out, but less so when we were under the trees. I have to think that living under ceilings your whole life and suddenly they are GONE! would make you a bit agoraphobic.

However, I am happy to say that as I've continued to let her outside, she has overcome the agoraphobia and now has no problem strolling about the yard, meowing constantly.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

When the Admiral was a kitten he spent the first two years as a totally indoor cat. But watching him from the window in the summer made me feel so sorry for him that I got a harness and set up this cloths line system. He took one step out the door, ran at top speed, slipped out of the harness, hit the fence, turned around and went back into the house for another week. Now of course he just meows at my door to open the back door for him.