Friday, November 30, 2012

Best Comic I Have Read In A Long Time

 
I have been looking forward to this issue for months now and I was afraid that my expectations were too high. Happy to discover that I was wrong and it's as good as I hoped it would be. This is an example of the perfect writer being matched with the perfect artist. Mike Allred isn't everyone's cup of tea but he is at his best in the kind of wacky stories that you can tell under the banner of the Fantastic Four. Just look at that cover. Don't you want to know how the hell this team was put together? That part of the story is the strongest as each member of the original team choose their successor as they leave on a mission to other dimensions.
 
 

8 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Aww Man. I thought for sure you were going to review the first issue of IDW's "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" comic that came out yesterday.

Kal said...

I am ashamed to admit that I am not as knowledgable on Pony culture as I should be.

david_b said...

Cal, you're talkin' me into this issue.

LOVE Antman, Medusa, occasionally Jennifer as well (she made a much better FF member than an Avenger...).

Thanks much, sir.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

I just read a review of this here:
http://comiccritiqueblog.wordpress.com/2012/11/29/review-round-up-meeting-the-ff-batman-inc-looks-into-the-future-flash-fights-gorillas/ and now I want to read it myself given your endorsement.

Which is interesting since I have not read anything from Marvel in years.

Kal said...

That is what I enjoyed the most about this issue I think. I forgot what it felt like to read a comic twice in the same 15 minute period. Been a long time for me too.

Kal said...

I did love all that Future Foundations stuff especially the end of the series. The interaction between Valeria and Doom is wicked cool. I was primed to love this series.

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

LOVED this. LOVED it, LOVED it, LOVED it...

Kal said...

This was one of those times I wished I had saved up a few issues so that I don't have to wait for the next one to come out.